Monday, January 10, 2011

'Junk science' saved my girl.

I've just been told second-hand by a journalist that research into a possible autism-vaccine link is 'junk science'.


In that case I have to thank junk science for saving my girl.


If I hadn't met a Mindd Foundation affiliate at a function, and heard her flat statement (amazing to me at the time) that 'vaccinal mercury causes autism', I would never have tried to chelate my anorexic and starving two year old girl using alpha lipoic acid.


Indeed, if Australian journalists, commentators, medical experts, nursing staff, scientists and their families had their preferences, I wouldn't be allowed to speak about this at all.


Junk science brought back my girl's swallowing reflex. After she had gone through 18 months of being unable to swallow properly, her recovery from anorexia took two days. It doesn't matter to me whether the science is junk; my daughter is here.


Even now, I don't blame vaccines for her deterioration. However given the seemingly obvious heavy metal involvement (or rather her improvement after its removal), I do think there are reasons to be suspicious of mercury, including but not limited to vaccinal mercury. And given the astonishingly bad science of the Danish Thimerosal study, it's strange to see so many commentators so het up about Dr Wakefield.

Meanwhile I'd rather junk science than junk journalism.

Something causes autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment